Puja is a broad term in Tibetan Buddhism, used to describe a variety of ritual performances and prayers.
Pujas, offering ceremonies, and various other prayer services are performed by the monks of Shar Gaden Monastery for the benefit of patrons, friends, and all sentient beings. You can request that any of these pujas be performed for yourself, for family and friends, or for the welfare all.
Here is a list of the some of the pujas that can be sponsored:
- Dolma Bum-tsok (One hundred thousand recitation of Tara puja). Purpose: Removal of obstacles in one’s life or for a specific venture
- Dol-chok (Extensive Tara puja). Purpose: Removal of obstacles in one’s life and health.
- Dug-kar (White Umbrella Deity recitation). Purpose: Purification of hindrances from evil spirits and illness
- Do (Sutra recitation). Purpose: Removal of one’s obstacles and to accumulate merit in order to achieve enlightenment in future lifetime
- Trusol (Extensive Ritual Bathing Offering to all of the Lineage Gurus). Purpose: Purification of obstacles and the creation of great merit.
- Gyab-shi (Four Hundredfold offering). Purpose: Elimination of negative karma and hindrances for a successful life and to create extensive merit toward the attainment of Enlightenment.
- Namgyalma Tsechok (Long-life puja). Purpose: Removal of obstacles in one’s life or for a specific venture.
- Namgyal Tong Cho ( Thousand-fold Offering for Complete Victory) (long life puja). Purpose: Removal of obstacles in one’s life and health, pacifying problems, fulfilling good wishes.
- She-Nying Du-Dok . This puja involves the continuous chanting of the Heart Sutra. Purpose: Assist in the removal of harmful forces and in removing the karmic obstacles.
- Men-la Tong Cho ( Thousand-fold Offering for the Medicine Buddha). Purpose: Purpose: Removal of obstacles in health and well-being, especially to help those who are troubled by illness
- Dorje Shugden Kangso (Protector Puja ). Purpose: Clear obstacles and protect from harm.
- Recitation of the Kangyur and Tengyur, the sacred texts of Buddism (Kangyur; ’The Translation of the Word’ and the Tengyur; ’Translation of Treatises’). Purpose: Create extensive merit, as well as clear obstacles.
Please contact us for further information, or if you would like to sponsor any puja.
(see contact page for details)